Being the messenger application par excellence, WhatsApp seeks to expand its capabilities and be more useful, for example, business. That is why in October officially announced WhatsApp Business.
If you are wondering what it is, basically it is a version that has been developed specifically for business to use. It is not difficult to realize that it is a good way for professionals, but being something different from the conventional version, it generates some doubts.
What does the gray or green badge mean in a WhatsApp Business profile?
The most important thing about WhatsApp Business (or WhatsApp for Business) is that makes it possible to have a business presence in the leading instant messaging service. It allows carrying out a more efficient communication with customers, besides helping to grow a business.
Among WhatsApp business several advantages, it allows users to maintain separate WhatsApp presence of working life of staff and personal life. Since it is possible to have both applications installed on the same device. By having WhatsApp Business and WhatsApp Messenger, you can register two accounts with different phone numbers.
An important point is this service aims to eliminate fraud. That is, to be able to guarantee that the companies are authentic. For this, it uses a verification process like the one we see in the WhatsApp Messenger accounts. As the company explains in its official blog, you can access the profile of the contacts and check what kind of account they are using.
In the case of a company account, the following colored badges will appear:
- Green with a tick in the profile, if WhatsApp has verified that it really belongs to a legitimate company or business. That is, it is a verified account.
- Gray with a tick in the profile, if WhatsApp has already confirmed that the phone number provided matches the indicated business number.
- Gray with a question mark, if an account uses the WhatsApp Business app but it has not yet been verified.
WhatsApp Business offers advantages for your business
To offer a good service to companies, WhatsApp Business has the following exclusive functions:
- Create a company profile in which to add all the relevant information for the contact, such as the web page or the location.
- Improve communication and interaction with customers using company messaging tools, such as absent messages.
- It has support for landlines, so it is possible to use a traditional number for customers to send messages. To activate this feature, simply mark the option “Call me” in the verification process, so the service will send a code through a phone call.
- It allows responding quickly to the clients from WhatsApp Web, in the browser of the computer.
- You can use WhatsApp Messenger and WhatsApp Business on the same device, but keep in mind that each app must use its own phone number.
Moreover, WhatsApp Business has a performance equal to the conventional application. At the moment it is undergoing testing in several countries, with some companies selected by the company. But soon it will land for everyone. Will you use WhatsApp Business for your business?
Become an expert user of WhatsApp instant messaging application with MsnTechBlog quality tips and tricks published continually within WhatsApp category. Be with us and subscribe to our website notification to get update post instantly.