Christmas has arrived! And with it, many people have just released technological gift. If you are one of them and you just opened your brand new iPhone, you may have doubts about how to configure it for the first time if you come from Android. In this article, we are going to tell you the essential steps so that everything goes smoothly.
The quick method to transfer Android files to iPhone: the Apple app on Android
The fastest way to do it is using the Move app that Apple has on Android, which you can download from the Google Play Store.
Before starting the process, you should make sure that:
- Both devices have enough battery or are connected to their chargers.
- They are connected to the same WiFi network.
- The space occupied on your Android device fits in your new iPhone.
When you have this ready, start the configuration of your iPhone and stop when you reach the Apps and Data section. There you will see four options, where the last one is “Transfer data from Android”. Select it It is at this moment when you will be able to open the Move app of your Android and start the process.
The Move to iOS app is the best way to migrate to iPhone from Android
Follow the instructions, where you will reach a point where you can choose what content of your old phone you want to transfer to the iPhone. Among them, you can transfer your email accounts, contacts, photos, messages, calendars and favorites from your browser. You can also download the apps that exist in iOS and are free automatically.
The manual method to launch an iPhone from scratch
You may prefer to transfer data from one phone to another manually, either because you like to set up a new device (as is my case) or prefer to do it your way. If you do not want to use Apple’s Move app, you can do the following to set up your new iPhone. To transfer the music, you have two options.
- If you use a service like Spotify, download the app from here, or open Apple Music. In any case, you must log in with your username and password.
- If you have it stored on your device, you will need to transfer your files to a computer with iTunes, dump the folder you have created there and synchronize your iPhone to iTunes.
In the case of email and contacts, most likely coming from Android you have a Gmail account. Access your iPhone to Settings> Accounts and passwords and add the Gmail account by following steps you will find. At the end of the configuration, you will see that there are some buttons to choose what you want to add to your iPhone: email, contacts, calendar, and notes. Each of them will be stored in the corresponding app.
In the manual method, you will have to configure the iPhone as a new one and add the data little by little
As for the photos and videos, you will have to follow a process similar to that of music. Move all these files to a computer with iTunes to a folder. Then, synchronize your iPhone to include the photos you want from iTunes. The quick alternative is to download Google Photos both on your old phone and on your new iPhone ( here for iOS ), wait for them to synchronize on the first to appear on the second one.
Apps that may interest you to install
Now that you have your iPhone ready, with your email, contacts, photos, and music, it’s time to download apps you’re probably going to use. We have selected the 10 most typical ones so you do not have to look for them in the iOS store. You just have to click on the link and wait for it to open in its corresponding tab of the App Store:
- WhatsApp, Instagram, and Facebook do not need a presentation for any of them.
- Clips, an exclusive Apple app with which to record and edit videos easily and simply to hang on your social networks.
- Netflix, perfect to enjoy your series if you already have an account (or enjoy the free month).
- Dropbox, to store files in the cloud.
- Google Maps, if you come from Android you probably have all your favorite places in this app already.
- Flipboard to stay up to date with the news.
- Documents, an authentic Swiss Army knife with which you can unzip zip files on your iPhone, among many other things.
Notes is one of the best Apple apps you can find on your new iPhone
Do not forget that iOS contains very useful serial apps, such as the office suite of iWork (Pages, Numbers, and Keynote), Notes and its many functions such as scanning documents, Messages to communicate with your contacts who have iPhone and Files, which is used to group all cloud storage providers into a single site. It’s worth taking a look just because they offer integration with other Apple devices, among other things.
In MsnTechBlog | iOS 11 features and how to get the new iPhone update.