Learn how to permanently disable Facebook location tracking on your Android or iPhone. Although it’s fun to “Check-in” on Facebook, it may hamper your privacy by tracking your location every time. It is better to turn off location tracking if you more serious about personal security. Learn how to do it.
Facebook Check-in option allows you to share your recent location history or any other nearby location information along with your post. This means that Facebook is tracking your location and save as a history within their platform. You may already hear about Facebook and Cambridge Analytica leaks.
Index: How to disable Facebook location tracking using Android phone? Method 1 - Using android phone apps setting Method 2 - Using android phone permissions setting Turn off location tracking using Facebook app on Android and iPhone
Are you more serious about your personal information on Facebook platform? If so, you should turn off location tracking on Facebook permanently. This guide will discuss 3 methods to disable Facebook location tracking using either Android phone setting or Facebook app.
For many, privacy is everything and the truth is that not all users of social networks and mobile services are willing to give their data to applications including location, so if you are looking for how to deactivate location tracking on Facebook then you have reached the right article.
Below we will show you very simple steps to disable this feature in case you do not want to expose your privacy anymore, they are steps that you can follow from an iOS mobile or Android phone.
How to disable Facebook location tracking using Android phone?
The Android operating system allows us to choose which app has the ability to access our location tracking. You can set any application permissible or impermissible to access your location tracked by GPS. This is an all-out method to completely kill the scope of Facebook accessing location tracking. Practically you can disable Facebook location tracking on Android phone in two ways. Learn how to do it using both methods!
You can easily disable Facebook location tracking using your Android phone applications setting. This method will bring all the application installed on your android phone. Then you need to find out “Facebook app” from that list and disable its location access. We provide an elaborate method as below:
- Open android phone setting by clicking on the Gear icon.
- Find out and click on Apps.
- Within the list of all installed app, find out the Facebook app and click on it.
- A new window will show you all the details of the Facebook app. Now click on Permissions option.
- Finally, click on the button beside Your location. Now the button color will turn to gray color and the Facebook app location access will turn off.
Our next method using android phone setting will describe the same process but in a different setting. You can achieve the same thing by both methods. Follow any one of them to achieve your desired goal.
As the title describe, this method requires you to access permission setting on your android phone. Permission setting provides a total list of permissions such as contact, camera, microphone, SMS, storage, telephone, location, etc. you’ve allowed for several applications installed on your Android phone. Thus, you can also disable Facebook app location tracking using this method too. Let’s start!
- Open Setting app.
- Slide down to find out Permissions option. This will bring all types of permissions you’ve allowed for all apps installed on your Android phone.
- Open Your Locations options.
- Now find out Facebook apps and click on the button beside it to disable location access by it.
That’s all! We have discussed both methods to disable Facebook location tracking using your android phone. Now we will discuss how do you turn off Facebook location tracking using the Facebook application installed on your android phone.
Turn off location tracking using Facebook app on Android and iPhone
In case you have an Android phone or iPhone and Facebook app, you can easily disable Facebook location tracking. Just follow simple steps as below:
At the time when the new Facebook application installed on your mobile, it requested a series of permissions. You had to accept to download media files, access phone memory, contact and among them was accessing the user’s location too.
How to login Facebook with profile picture without using password?
However, you can disable Facebook location tracking without installing it again. You can simply need to open Facebook app and change the setting inside it.
- Tap on the Facebook app to open it.
- Click on the Menu button represented by three horizontal lines.
- Find out Account Settings option within Help & Setting section and click on it. You need to slide down the menu to end to find out the option.
- Open the Location option.
- At first, you need to disable “Location History“. When you turn off that option, the location of the messages will no longer be included by default.
- Secondly, click on Location Services just under device settings section.
- Finally turn off “Access to my location” option by clicking on the toggle button beside it. This will completely isolate Facebook from tracking your location.
You can also turn off Facebook location tracking just for your friends with “Nearby Friends” option. But the drawback of this feature is that Facebook can still track your location history. Thus we recommend not to use this option.
How to turn off location tracking in Facebook on iPhone or iPad?
In case of having an iPhone 8, for example, the procedure is quite similar. You must go to the settings, and then choose the application settings Privacy option and then Location Services. Now select the Facebook app. There you must choose the option Never in the tracking menu.
Hopefully, you’ve successfully deactivated Facebook location tracking using the Android phone or iPhone default setting and Facebook application. If you face any kind of problem, please contact us using our comment section.