How to hide profile picture on WhatsApp?
Have you ever wondered how to hide WhatsApp profile picture on iPhone or Android? Surely you have ever met a WhatsApp contact who does not have a photo. Actually, they could have it, but they may be hiding it from the contacts they do not want to show. And you can do it too!
WhatsApp is a messaging app so complete that it is well loaded with features. Recently, WhatsApp added real-time location sharing. And also we discussed earlier about how to hide online status to appear offline on WhatsApp. But another interesting feature is to hide WhatsApp profile picture.
If you want to know how to do it and put it into practice right now, the mysteries are over because we guide you the steps to follow in this MsnTechBlog article.
Hide WhatsApp profile picture from all WhatsApp contacts
Whether its privacy or you do not want anyone to see your WhatsApp profile picture, it’s important to know how it’s done. It is a feature that takes a minute to activate in this messaging app.
May be you have seen this option, but may not know about it’s functions. But activating it is very easy! These are the steps to follow; it will take you 1 minute.
- Open the WhatsApp app. If you have not updated it for a long time, update to the latest version of the Play Store or by APK Mirror.
- Once inside click on the 3 vertical points at the top right
- Then select Settings> Accounts> Privacy.
- You will find an option that says Profile Photo.
- Select “Nobody.”
This way, you have successfully hide WhatsApp profile picture. As you can see, there are 3 options available:
- Everyone: The whole world sees
- My contacts: Only the contacts that you have on the phone, or,
- Nobody: No one can see it.
Can I hide WhatsApp profile picture for a specific contact?
Of course, you can hide profile picture on WhatsApp for one and more than one specific contacts. In this case, you need to follow below steps:
- Open WhatsApp.
- Click on the 3 vertical points at top right.
- Go to Settings> Accounts> Privacy.
- Click on the Profile Photo option.
- Choose “My Contacts “.
- Open that specific contacts saved on your phone’s contact list.
- Delete the contact that you don’t want to have access to your profile picture.
You see that by means of this trick you can Hide WhatsApp profile picture to specific contacts. Remember the number you delete or write it down.
Can I hide WhatsApp profile picture for a specific contact without deleting it?
Straight answer is NO and probably you can’t have this option. As WhatsApp synchronize contacts from your phonebook and added them to your WhatsApp contact.
Deleting one WhatsApp contact to hide your profile picture is the only available option till now. However, stay tuned with us to know WhatsApp official update, MsnTechBlog will get back to you.
From now on, nobody will see your profile picture or just the contacts that you want them to do. A quick and easy trick, anyone can execute without knowledge.
Still having doubts about how to hide profile picture on WhatsApp? Did it serve you?
Want to be WhatsApp expert, if so read our latest tutorials about tips and tricks of WhatsApp on Apps Guide category.