Delete unseen WhatsApp messages with three different killer methods considering three different conditions. The ultimate guides cover everything related to delete unread WhatsApp messages before it’s read!
Unseen WhatsApp messages mean that it has not been yet read by your contacts, which you just send or after a certain time to your contacts. We’ve somehow all gone through the situation of sending a WhatsApp message by mistake to someone we did not want. Either we mistakenly send a spicy photo to the family group, writing something we have regretted, or telling something to whom we should not.
Surely at that moment, you wish you could go back in time and avoid sending that message. Finally seeking a way to delete unread WhatsApp messages permanently.
Index: Delete just send unseen WhatsApp messages: First Method Delete unseen WhatsApp messages: Second Method Delete unseen WhatsApp messages: Third Method Deleting unseen WhatsApp messages: Summary
The truth is that there are already some tricks to delete a message from WhatsApp before the person reads it, which will then explain, but the big news comes now: the new version of this application will allow you to delete the messages you want, disappearing both from your mobile and from the other person.
Keep reading this article from MSNTECHBLOG and you will discover how to delete unseen WhatsApp messages.
Delete unseen WhatsApp messages: 1st Method
We bring good news, something long-awaited for a long time. The Latest WhatsApp update, 126.96.36.1999 allows you to delete unseen WhatsApp messages right away without any special tricks. But WhatsApp set the timeline up to 7 minutes to do so.
Here’s what you should do to access this new functionality once you have downloaded this new version:
- Make sure the message you want to delete is only one ticked, i.e. it has been received by the other person but has not been read.
- Long press on the message which you want to delete.
- One the top of screen, you will find Trash BIN. Click on it.
- A pop up screen will appear where you will see different options. You must choose “delete for everyone” to prevent the other person from reading it.
- Even though the other person will not be able to read the message you sent to them, they will notice that you have deleted a message.
What will you do after 7 minutes? Don’t worry we will cover that too with silly tricks to delete an unseen WhatsApp message sent in error.
Delete unseen WhatsApp messages: 2nd Method
Before this latest update arrives, many users of this famous messaging application have filled the Internet with many tricks to erase a message before they read it.
One of the ones that you can use is to block the person before they read the message, then we explain it to you:
- Make sure the message has been received but yet has not been read. How to know? You should look out for double blue ticks appear or not before the message. Single blue ticks means that that the person has not read it.
- To do this you must go to that person’s chat and click on the top right of the screen, an icon in which three vertical points come out.
- It will open a tab with different options, you should give the option “more” and there you will find the “block” option.
- Once that person has blocked, he will never receive that message.
The problem with this option is that you must keep that person locked for at least 30 days. The fact is that WhatsApp servers save messages that have not been sent for 30 days, and if you unlock that person before that time will receive the message.
Therefore, if you want to stay in touch via WhatsApp with that person is not a recommended option.
Delete unseen WhatsApp messages after time limit: 3rd Method
The next trick to delete an unseen WhatsApp message before it’s read requires some speed and expertise. But, it is perfect for those who realize that they have made a mistake right at the time of sending the message.
We tell you to step by step what you must do:
- Make sure the message appears on the screen with the clock icon or single tick icon indicating that the message has not yet read.
- Disconnect data from the Internet, Wi-Fi and any possible connection. Better to turn on “Airplane” Mode.
- Return to the WhatsApp chat; Where the message you want to delete is. Just “Long press” on that message.
- At the top of the screen you will see, among other icons, a “Bin” icon. You must click on that.
- Immediately, a screen will pop up. You will get three options. Among those, you need to click “Delete for everyone” option.
- “You deleted this message” text will finally confirm the deletion of unseen WhatsApp message.
- Back to normal by turning off “Airplane” and then, reconnecting the Internet data or Wi-Fi connection you had. When you reconnect to internet, your message will no longer appear because it was never be sent.
Summary of deleting unseen WhatsApp messages
It is important that you know that you are currently able to delete a message, received by the other person or not, read it or not.
Of course, the problem is that deleting that message only deletes it from your phone and your conversation, but you can not delete the WhatsApp message from another phone or the conversation of the other person.
Therefore, its usefulness is very little, unless you are looking for deleting the message is to forget something you have said or free space in the memory of your smartphone.
To read more articles similar to deleting unseen WhatsApp messages, check out my other tutorials:
Now, it’s your turn. Why not try to delete unseen WhatsApp messages?