Discover the easiest way to delete telegram contact permanently.
Welcome to the contact management guide to remove or delete Telegram contact permanently. Before we started, I want to introduce Telegram with my visitors. Telegram is another popular instant messaging application for Android and iPhone. This chat app has some standalone features, you may already know, which makes it different from other messaging apps like WhatsApp. You can send a secret message to your friends as well as a self-destructive message which will delete automatically after a defined period of time you set. Cool, isn’t it?
You can read also How to create new secret chat on Telegram?
As you are here to read this article, I guess you have created Telegram account and Telegram Android or iPhone app have already installed on your device. If you used to use this app regularly, you had so many friends in your Telegram contact list. Some of them may funny & interesting, and some others you may not actually need in your contact or may disturb you too much.
To get rid of such harassment, Telegram offers you two contact management options. You can either block Telegram contact or delete Telegram contact so that they can never reach you again.
What happens if you delete a telegram contact: warning!
You have been warned that deleting any telegram contact will also delete it from your phone contacts. As a consequence, it will disappear from your other messaging applications like WhatsApp, Viber, etc and as well as from the phone contact.
Thus make your decision about removing a Telegram contact consciously: whether to remove or not. Alternatively, you can either configure Telegram app to stop receiving any notifications from any specific person or simply block that Telegram contact.
This MsnTechBlog article will solve your problem explaining how to delete Telegram contact.
Instruction to delete a Telegram contact permanently
- Open Telegram messaging app on your Android or iPhone smartphone and click on the “Menu” option represented by three horizontal bars on the top left side of the screen.
- Tap on “Contact” option and find out that contact you actually want to delete.
- Now, click on that Telegram contact which will bring you to the conversation screen. Where you will see the last conversation between you and that contact.
- Now click on the profile picture of the contact that you want to delete from Telegram in the upper center of the screen.
- A new window will appear where you need to click on the three vertical dots in the top right corner of the screen. It will display a drop-down menu where you need to click on “Delete” option.
- Finally a confirmation message “Are you sure you want to delete this contact?” will display on the screen. To confirm you’ve to click on “Ok” and your Telegram contact will be deleted permanently.
Hopefully, you’ve done all the steps correctly and finally able to delete your Telegram contact. If you have any queries regarding this topic you can directly reach me through the comment section.
If you want to read more about Telegram instant messenger app, you recommended you to visit MsnTechBlog “Telegram” category.