Learn to customise WhatsApp call and text notification on Android.
Do you want to be able to change WhatsApp notifications depending on who you write to or call you? It is a very useful option for the contacts with whom you most chat or your favourites.
In this way, you can choose a specific tone for each person and know in advance who wants to contact you.
Index: Instructions to customise WhatsApp notifications on Android: Find notification settings on WhatsApp android app Download WhatsApp update version to customise notifications How to customise notification for specific WhatApp conversations MsnTechBlog recommendation
To do this, just follow the steps in this article on how to customise WhatsApp notifications on Android.
Helpful article to read on:
- Delete unread WhatsApp messages sent mistakenly!
- Prevent WhatsApp media files from downloading automatically?
- Delete blocked contact from WhatsApp?
Instructions to customise WhatsApp notifications on Android:
Find notification settings on WhatsApp Android app
To change WhatsApp general notifications, you need to open the app installed on your android phone and click on the three vertical dots that appear in the upper right.
Once there, go to Settings and then Notifications options.
From there you can change the sound and vibration of all the messages and calls of this app.
Download WhatsApp update version to customise notifications
However, since WhatsApp Update 2.12.197, it is also possible to customise the notification tone for each contact individually.
So, if you still do not have this version, go to http://www.whatsapp.com/android and hit the ‘Download now‘ button, because it is not yet available on Google Play.
How to customise notification for specific WhatApp conversations
- To change the tone or melody of a specific conversation, you must access this chat.
- Now, click on the name of the contact on top of the screen in order to expand chat information.
- Once you are within the contact information, you will directly see the option to customise the notifications.
- So you must click on: ‘Custom Notifications‘.
- Next, you must activate the ‘Use custom notifications‘ box to be able to change the tone of the chat. At this time, you will be presented with a list of options to configure notifications of messages or calls, as well as the vibration in both cases.
- The moment you press on any of the options, you will be presented with a popup listing with all notification tones that you have on your Android.
- You will have to choose the one that you prefer to personalise the tone of that chat of WhatsApp and to distinguish it from the rest.
- Repeat the previous step with the other parameters to also change the duration of the vibration, whether or not a popup window is displayed when you receive new messages, the colour of light, WhatsApp call tone, etc.
And ready! Now you know how to configure your WhatsApp and know who writes or calls you without seeing it.
If you want to dig out more information of WhatsApp similar like to how to customise WhatsApp notifications in Android, we recommend you to enter our Apps Guide category.