Compilation of the best alternatives to Photoshop for Mac that you can download on your computer. Enter and choose the one you like the most!
Everyone knows that Photoshop ranked as one of the best applications for editing and handling images and other elements in various operating systems. The versatility of Photoshop is wide as well as its features. Thanks to Photoshop with which we can perform professional works with simplicity.
Often, we do not have the resources to use Photoshop in macOS. That is why today MsnTechBlog brings the best Photoshop alternatives to use in macOS High Sierra.
GIMP – MAC PHOTOSHOP ALTERNATIVE 2018
GIMP, the best alternative to Photoshop for Mac, is a cross-platform photo editor available for OS X, GNU / Linux, Windows and more operating systems. GIMP is free software that allows you to change its source code and also distribute changes made by you. Whether you are a professional graphic designer, illustrator expert, photographer or scientist, GIMP will provide sophisticated tools to successfully perform all kind of works. You can also improve your productivity even more with GIMP thanks to many customization options and third-party add-ons.
Some of its multiple features are:
- Manipulation of high-quality photos: GIMP provides the necessary tools for the manipulation of high-quality From retouching to the restoration of creatine compounds, the only limit is your imagination
- The original creation of artworks: Thanks to GIMP, artists will be given the power and flexibility to transform images into truly unique creations
- Programming Algorithms: GIMP has built on a high-quality framework for manipulating images with scripts that also supports several languages such as C, C ++, Python, Perl, Scheme and more
- Graphic design elements: GIMP is used to produce icons, graphic design elements and art for components and models of the user interface
- A key component in a desktop publishing workflow: GIMP offers top-notch color management features to ensure high-fidelity color reproduction in digital and print media. It can be used better in workflows that involve other free software such as Scribus, Inkscape, and SwatchBooker
- Extensibility and flexibility: GIMP offers us extensibility through integration with many programming languages such as Scheme, Python, Perl and more
GIMP is available for free download at the following link:
AFFINITY PHOTO – MAC PHOTOSHOP ALTERNATIVE 2018
Affinity Photo has been developed to overcome the limits of professional photo editing software. It has a great set of tools specifically designed for creative professionals and photography, regardless of whether you are editing and retouching images, or creating multi-layered full-fledged compositions, has all the power and performance you always need.
Its most outstanding features are:
- Professional corrections and adjustments: Affinity Photo correct and enhance images with Levels, Curves, Black and White, White Balance, Shadows, HSL, and Highlights, plus more than a dozen other non-destructive settings that are displayed instantly and can be an edit at any time
- Complete retouching tools: Affinity has numerous functions that allow us to apply detailed retouching; it allows us to clone, dodge, burn, reposition, in painting, creates frequency separation and has healing tools
- Dedicated RAW work area: It will be possible to develop camera raw files in a dedicated workspace with all the precise adjustments and corrections you need in a linear color space without limits
- Supports EXIF & Metadata
- Precise selections
- Automatic alignment and more
This application has a cost of USD 54 and can be downloaded at the following link:
PIXELMATOR – MAC PHOTOSHOP ALTERNATIVE 2018
Pixelmator is a powerful image editor with all the features for Mac environments. Pixelmator for Mac is powerful, fast and easy to use the editor, which allows us to enhance and retouch photos, draw, draw and paint, add text and shapes, apply and dazzling effects.
Among its main features are:
- Compatible with macOS High Sierra
- Start Pixelmator from the Photos application and save the modifications in the library
- Supports the import of HEIF images
- It has tools for precise pixel selections
- Allows saving images directly on the web
- Compatible with PSD files
- Supports RAW files
- It has image capture functions
- Supports 16 bits
- It is 64-bit architecture
- OpenCL allows Pixelmator to accelerate image processing by unlocking the parallel computing power of modern GPUs and multicore CPUs
- Greater retouching extensions
- It has more than twenty blending modes, layer masks, and clipping masks so that we can create impressive images compositions
- It has different themes to add to the images
Your download is available at the following link for a cost of USD 29.99:
SKETCH – MAC PHOTOSHOP ALTERNATIVE 2018
Sketch is a design toolkit created to help us create special works, from the first ideas to the final design. Sketch is designed with handy features an intuitive interface and powerful plugins created by a developer community, which will be a practical solution to bring out the best works.
Sketch offers us a trial version or its full version has a cost of USD 99.
Within the features of Sketch we have
- Full edition toolkit
- Non-destructive edition
- Precision in the pixels
- Vector editor
- Create mirror for iOS
- It allows exporting the code
- Overwrite text and images
- Allows combining symbols for a better presentation
KRITA – MAC PHOTOSHOP ALTERNATIVE 2018
Krita is a professional program of digital painting, free and made entirely with free code, has been created by artists who want to make these tools accessible to all users passionate about design.
Its main features are
- Most intuitive user interface
- The panels can be moved and customized to suit our work style
- It allows creating keyboard shortcuts to link the most used tools
- Krita includes three different ways to smooth and stabilize the strokes. There is even a tool called Dynamic Brush, with which you can add drag and mass providing more fixed and clean lines
- Features a pop-up color palette
- Krita has 9 unique brush motors. Each motor has a lot of adjustments to customize the brush.
- It has mirror tools with which you can create horizontal and vertical mirror effects
- Krita offers layers of vectors, filters, groups, and files. Combine, order and attach layers to better organize your artworks
- Krita offers a fairly complete color management using LCMS for ICC and OpenColor IO for EXR
- Krita makes use of OpenGL for some of its operations, once activated it will see an increase in the speed of enlargement, reduction, and rotation of the canvas
- Supports PSD files
Krita is free and available for macOS, Linux, and Windows at the following link:
INKSPACE – MAC PHOTOSHOP ALTERNATIVE 2018
Another known application for working on images is Inkscape. Inkscape is an open source vector graphics editor, identical to programs such as Adobe Illustrator, Corel Draw, Freehand or Xara X. What makes it different from the others is that it uses Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) as a standard format open W3C based on XML.
Its main functionalities are
- It has drawing tools such as pencil (free drawing with a simple stroke), pen (creates Bezier, Spiro or straight lines), calligraphic (freehand drawing through trajectories with fill to represent calligraphic strokes)
- It has tools of shapes such as rectangles (with optionally rounded edges), ellipses (includes circles, arcs, and segments), star/polygon (can be rounded and/or random), spirals
- Cloning (links copies of “live” objects), includes a tool to create patterns and sort clones
- It has several options of manipulation of objects such as transformation, depth operation, grouping of objects and more
- Gradient editor with multiple color limits
- Transparent PNG support, both in its export and import
- Export to PNG, Open Document drawing, DXF, sk1, PDF, EPS and PostScript among others
- Creation and modification of files under the SVG format standard.
Inkscape is available for macOS, Linux and Windows for free at the following link:
Try one of these MAC Photoshop alternative software and share your opinion which one you like most. Hopefully, you can get most of those free Photoshop alternative software.